Hi, my name is Sonia Dee!
I am a certified Life Coach, Editor, Orchestrator, and the Founder of The Authenticity Chaser.
I describe “chasing authentic” as seeking a way of life that encourages self-awareness, and ultimately, deep joy. I have enjoyed leading numerous organizations, retreats, and events with the aim of encouraging people’s genuine connection to themselves as they seek healing. Today, I live in the natural flow of my life which looks like working from anywhere in the world as an online Assessor, while coaching and editing for phenomenal truth-seekers like you! But how did I get here?
The truth is that it took me completely losing the self I had “acquired” so that I could eventually find my true self.
Have you ever felt like at some point you handed over the pen for your life to others (family, friends, society) and started living out a story you’re no longer happy with?
Maybe you’re in a relatively well-paying corporate job, living in an upmarket neighbourhood, and in a good relationship – or friendships – but still feel empty or like something is off?
Perhaps you feel like your life is constantly a performance which looks like people-pleasing, co-dependency, self-sacrificing, and living as a victim.
Or you feel as though you’re destined to a lack-lustre life and not deserving of a truly thrilling and abundant one.
Well, I felt all those things too! But I also felt a deep yearning to change that and didn’t quit until I did.
I made a conscious decision that I could no longer go down this bottomless pit.
Eventually, I realised I was waking up with a sinking feeling in my stomach every day, and I was falling ill at least once a week. Majority of my relationships were no longer fulfilling and my insides felt like they were “leaking”. Something had to change.
It took trial and error, coaching, therapy, falling down and getting back up, deep self-reflection, and releasing mindsets and people that I had subconsciously acquired. Eventually, I got that pen back in my hand and started re-writing my life story in a way that resonated deeply with me – and you can too!
My recovery was years in the making but today, I wake up with energy and a sense of abundance. I genuinely like and love the woman who looks back at me in the mirror, and feel immense gratitude for the life I live.
Most importantly, I feel safer with myself so that no matter what life throws at me, I know I’ll come out the other side whole and free.
You too are so worthy of a liberating life.
In a quest to chase the most authentic version of myself, I have bumped into people who are hungry for the same. You don’t have to go through years of trial and error like I did – together, we can get you to the life you deserve sooner.
Friend, you probably desire authenticity if you:
- Want to intentionally practice self-love and self-care without guilt but are not sure how to practically do it.
- Struggle to put yourself first at home or at work, and would like support in doing this.
- Want to figure out why you have a sense of dissatisfaction with your life and how to work past it so you are excited to wake up every day.
- Struggle with overthinking and worrying, and want to live more in the moment while allowing the past and the future to be.
- Want to get really clear on who you are for yourself (your strengths, weaknesses, natural wiring), and as a result, what kind of life you desire to live.
All of my clients are so different – from the busy businesswoman to the anxious aspiring author – but I’ve noticed a deep desire in each of them to face themselves and accept and love themselves wholeheartedly, so they can live a truly fulfilling life. Whether I am coaching, editing a book or orchestrating authentic conversations, I encourage my clients and community to strip away external influences and get to the heart of who they truly are and what they want.
Before you go, here are some fun facts about me!
- I qualified with a Diploma in Communications & Counselling specializing in Life Coaching in 2016 from the South African College of Applied Psychology – after being in Property for 8 years.
- I am currently based in Johannesburg, South Africa but I’m originally from Zimbabwe, and was raised in 3 different countries on the African continent.
- When I am not coaching, I enjoy spending time in nature reconnecting with my soul or being around loved ones.
- My weekends are not complete without reading or listening to music that interprets my heart’s tune for that season.
- I’m an Aquarius and a number 2 on the Enneagram (if you know, you know!).
- Oh, and of course I enjoy good food and travelling the world – a true freedom-seeker!